2012 Workshop and AGM
The Annual Workshop and General Meeting will take place on Friday, May 4 from 8:00 am to 4:30 pm in the Boardroom (Room 3001) of the Inco Centre (Building 13 on the map), Memorial University of Newfoundland. Please RSVP to Shannon Gordon (email@example.com).
PARKING – We have arranged parking with security – you may freely park in Lot 18 (in front of the QEII Library) and security will not ticket you that day.
COST – Members – our conference is included as part of the annual membership fee of $20.00. A membership form is available on the web or you can register at the conference.
Non-Members – the cost for a half-day is $15.00.(lunch is excluded).
Also a reminder that memberships are now due for the new year. Please print off the membership form and either bring it and your money to the meeting, or mail it to the address specified. Contact Pam Morgan (firstname.lastname@example.org) if you have any questions.
And don’t forget Nominations for the new executive … Contact Shannon Gordon (email@example.com).
Our new Professional Development Grant is now open for applications … See membership section for details.
- 8:00 – 8:30 Meet & Greet – Registration
- 8:30 – 12:00 Medical Apps and Mobile Devices: Integrating Point of Care Tools into Your Health Sciences Library by Robyn Butcher and Kathleen Gadd
- 10:00 – 10:15 Ebsco Update, with Shelley Singh.
- 10:15 – 10:45 Nutrition Break generously provided by Ebsco
- 12:00 – 12:15 Ovid Update, with Doug Murdoch
- 12:15 – 2:00 Lunch generously sponsored by Ovid
- 2:00 – 3:00 Annual General Meeting
- 3:00 – 3:30 Medicine, Maps, and GIS: An Overview by Dan Duda
- 3:30 – 3:00 Break
- 3:40 – 4:00 Exceeding your grasp: Using outreach tools and opportunities to expand your audience Jenny Seeman and Stephanie Harlick
- 3:30 – 4:00 Fourth Year and Beyond Karen Hutchens and Debbie O’Reilly
Robyn Butcher is the Health Sciences Librarian at the Horizon Health Network-Saint John in Saint John, New Brunswick.
Kathleen Gadd is an Information Services Librarian at University New Brunswick Saint John in Saint John, New Brunswick.
Shelley Singh is the Biomedical Field Sales Representative – Eastern Canada for Ebsco Publishing.
Doug Murdoch is the Sales Manager for Quebec and Atlantic Canada, Ovid Technologies.
Danial Duda is the Map Librarian at the Queen Elizabeth II Library, Memorial University of Newfoundland.
Jenny Seeman is the Archival Assistant, Faculty of Medicine Founders’ Archive, Health Sciences Library, Memorial University of Newfoundland.
Stephanie Harlick the Archivist, Faculty of Medicine Founders’ Archive, Health Sciences Library, Memorial University of Newfoundland.
Karen Hutchens is the Coordinator/Reference Librarian for the Learning Resource Centre, Centre for Nursing Studies, Eastern Health.
Debbie O’Reilly is the Librarian for the Computer Lab of the Centre for Nursing Studies, Eastern Health.